Duration: 16 Days
- Destnation: Cross Country
- Activities: Tours
- Duration: 14 - 21 Days
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 01 Arrive in Kathmandu [1300 m/4264 ft]Upon your arrival in the Kathmandu airport (TIA), you will be greeted by a representative from the Good Karma Trekking team holding a sign with your name in the parking lot. After a brief introduction, you will be escorted to your hotel. After check in, and welcome drinks you will be free to explore around the backpacker haven of Thamel.
Day 02 Kathmandu [1300 m/4264 ft]Today after breakfast we will start a guided tour to several of the most historical and spiritual attractions in Kathmandu including Durbar Square, and Pashupati temple that are both Unesco World Heritage Sites. You will also visit the famous 'Monkey Temple' (Swayambunath) and Buddhists shrine (Buddha Nath) that is one of the large Stupas in the world.
Day 03 Kathmandu to Lhasa (3,650 m)We will take a scenic mountain flight to Lhasa to meet our native Tibetan guide while taking time to explore the ancient and well-preserved capital city of Tibet. Lhasa is situated at the base of Mount Gephel and remained secluded from the world for centuries serving as the traditional home to the Dalai Lama.
Day 04 Lhasa 3,650 mToday we will visit the scenic hilltop Potala Palace before traveling to the spiritual Ramoche Monastery to see the daily life of the Tibetan Monks. We will spend the afternoon unlocking the mysteries of the Norbulingkga Palace before a free evening to continue your immersion into the Tibetan way of life. We will spend the evening exploring the traditional market square having a meal of traditional Tibetan food while enjoying cultural music and dances that have been passed down for centuries.
Day 05 Lhasa 3,650 mAfter an early breakfast, we will visit the traditional Sera Monastery known for its unmatched beauty historically serving as the home to over 5,000 monks. We will continue to the 1,400-year-old Jokhang temple regarded as the holiest site in Lhasa viewing the Kora temple nestled along the stream of humanity. After viewing the legendary golden Buddha we will return to the city for a celebratory dinner and while taking the evening to explore the timeless streets and absorb the traditional culture.
Day 06 Lhasa to KathmanduYou will be transported by the friendly Good Karma Trekking staff the Gonggar Airport to take a scenic return flight over hundreds of scenic Himalayan peaks before arriving in Kathmandu for your departure or next activities.
Day 07 Kathmandu to PokharaWe will take another short but breathtaking flight to the charming lakeside town of Pokhara offering views of over 8,000 mountains towering below
Day 08 Pokhara SighseeingThe morning offers an optional paragliding experience to fly across the hills outside of Pokhara soaking in the regional landscapes as you soar with eagles. We will then continue by visiting the Mahendra cave, Tibetan refugee camps, the International Mountain Museum, the Shang Gadhen Choekorling Monastery and the scenic peace pogoda located on a lakeside hill offering views of the mountains reflected in the tranquil Phewa Lake
Day 09 Pokhara to Chitwan national park . 4-5 hours drive.Pokhara to Chitwan national park . 4-5 hours drive.
Day 10 full day jungle activities, riding elephant , seeing rhinos , crocodiles and enjoy the Tharu cultural dances full day jungle activities, riding elephant , seeing rhinos , crocodiles and enjoy the Tharu cultural dances
Day 11 back to kathmanduback to kathmandu
Day 12 Arrival to ParoAfter arriving from your scenic mountain flight to Para, you will be greeted by a friendly representative of Good Karma Trekking who will take you to the capital city of Thimphu. During the evening, we will organize a welcome diner and drinks and you will have plenty of time to enjoy the bustling night streets and get a first look at the traditional architecture of the quaint capital city.
Day 13 Paro to ThimphuAfter an early breakfast, we will drive to Drukgyel Dzong, which is the site of a famous battle with the Tibetans. We will visit the ruined fort and dmire the Chomolhari dome before visiting Kyichu Lhakhang Temple. Known as one of the most sacred places in the country, it is known as a major place of Buddhist practice and adaptation in Bhutan. After lunch, we will visit Rinpung Dzong featuring a wooden art gallery filled with religious and traditional paintings providing insight into the traditional art form of the region. We then continue along a scenic road to Thimphu to visit the temple of Tschogang Lhakhang before continuing to Simtokha Dzong known for its tantric teachings and spiritual studies. After arrival in the capital city of Thimphu we will take time to walk around the bustling streets to admire the famous traditional Bhutanese architecture.
Day 14 Thimphu to ParoWe will continue to explore Thimphu stopping to visit the ancient collection of Buddhists scrolls at the National library before continuing to the traditional arts school, which instructs students on the traditional painting and handicraft methods used by the Bhutanese people for centuries. We continue to the Folk Heritage Museum to learn about the traditional cultural practices and lifestyle of the Bhutanese people.
After lunch, we continue to Trashichhoedzong known as the religious and governmental center of the country serving as both the royal palace and a monastery. After learning about the life of the traditional monks and the royal family, we will visit the prayer wheel filled Memorial Chorten built to promote peace and harmony throughout the region. Finally, we will visit the Handicraft Emporium to see the wide range of crafts including textiles, thangkha paintings, masks, musical instruments and jewlerry all produced in the traditional Bhutanese way. We then take a relaxing drive back to Paro to explore for the evening.
Day 15 DepartureDepending on your flight time you may be able to see a few more attractions before departing approximately 3 hours before the scheduled flight time. You will be escorted to the airport with a representative from Good Karma trekking staff. After our farewells, you will have plenty of time to plan your next adventure with Good Karma, as one time is never enough.
Day 16 Departure back home Departure back home
- Private Arrival & Departure transfers on both domestic and international flights.
- Hotel Accommodation in Nepal,Tibet Budget standard and in Bhutan standard
- Full board meals while in Bhutan (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner).
- Welcome / fare - well dinner in Kathmandu
- The sightseeing city tour with world heritage entrance fees
- All Domestic flights as listed in the itinerary. Tibet – kathamndu , Nepal Bhutan round trip and kathamndu pokhara .
- Daily breakfast in the hotel in Tibet & Nepal but full meals in Bhutan.
- All ground transfers and sightseeing by Private transport
- English speaking local guides.
- Sightseeing admission fees.
- Tibet Permit,Tibet Visa,Bhutan permit Bhutan visa.
- Nepal entry Visa fees, Your travel insurance of any kind
- International Airfare and Airport Tax
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, tipping, laundry, phone etc.
- Travel insurance.
- International air fares.
- International fares are quoted separately.
Sarankot Dhampus HikingThis 3 day 2 night hiking trip is a Nepalese classic. The path passes through…
Duration: 5 Days
Sun Koshi River RaftingBoasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
Duration: 10 to 11 Days
- The latest adrenaline cocktail of choice is Canyoning, an activity that involves abseiling, sliding, jumping,…
- Nepal serving as the nexus of Buddhist and Hindu culture and traditions makes an ideal…
- Ever since Eric Valli published a book and made a film on Honey Hunting, it…
- Meditation Centers Meditation has steadily gained popularity over the last decade resulting in numerous centers…
- This 3 day 2 night hiking trip is a Nepalese classic. The path passes through…
- Boasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
- Public transportation in Nepal can be very stressful and hectic and many may wish to…
- Sport fishing, like hunting receives little attention in Nepal as few Nepalese pursue this leisure…
- Volunteering in Nepal creates a mutually beneficial and rewarding experience for everyone involved. Although a…